Thursday 21 April 2011

My Jessie J 'Nobodys Perfect' Make up tutorial

Hey guys,

 Long time no blogging!




 You guys who know me I love Jessie J. I could not contain my excitement when I saw her new music video pop up in my subscription box. The song itself is my favourite from the album, full of angst about making a mistake that hurts someone you love. We have all been there and this song sums up the feelings perfectly. The album 'Who you are' is a great listen and I also love the song 'Abracadabra'. The make up in this video is completed by Andrew Gallimore who has been the key make up artist on all of Jessie's video since 'Do it like a dude'. He is a chameleon make up artist who rocks the beauty shots as well as male make up and editorial. His portfolio can be found here Jessie is also known to do some of her make up herself and she has such a strong sense of style so I am sure she will have had a say in the make up brief! 

 I gave the red lip look above a go using the following products;

Chanel Prolumiere foundation in 10
Derma colour concealer D66
MAC Rubenesque paint pot
MAC Carbon eyeshadow
Urban Decay 'Jabbawocky' from the Alice in Wonderland Palette. It is just re re-named for the palette. True name 'oil slick'
MAC Vintage gold pigment
Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in 'Zero'
Max Factor false lash effect mascara in black 
MAC Redd lip liner
MAC kissable lip colour 'Strut your stuff'

 I do not have Jessie J's confidence to pull the same look!



Hope you enjoy!

 Big hugs 
 Katie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment